By June 1, in Astana will appear 12 more street sections, where will be a marked out lane for the public transport movement. The new special lanes will increase the length of the allocated sections for the movement of buses to 40.6 kilometres, the online magazine "Vlast" informs.
"From April 29 to June 1, Astana plans to continue the implementation of the Bus Lane project: special lanes for public transport will appear on 12 sections of the streets of the city .The project is being implemented to EXPO 2017, which will be held in Astana this summer," reported in the press service of akim of the city.
Special lanes for buses will appear at the areas of:
Republic Avenue - from the stop of “Samal" micro district to Bogenbay batyr Avenue;
2) Tashenov street - from Barayev Street to Tauyelsyzdyk Avenue;
3) Akhmet Baitursynov street - from Koshkarbayev Avenue to Sarykol Street; - Akhmet Baitursynov street - from Sarykol street to the new railway station;
4) Zhumeken Nazhimedenov street - from Shamshi Kaldayakov street to Sarykol street; - Zhumeken Nazhimedenov street - from Sarykol street to the new railway station;
5) Saraishyk street - from the road interchange to Kabanbai batyr Avenue;
6) Tauyelsyzdyk Avenue - from Pushkin street to Momyshuly Avenue;
7) Saryarka Avenue - from Bogenbay batyr Avenue to the bridge;
8) Turan Avenue - from the bridge to Syganak street;
9) Kabanbay batyr Avenue - from Syganak street to the roundabout;
10) Beibitshilik Street - from Yesenberlin street to Bogenbay batyr Avenue;
11) Magzhan Zhumabayev Avenue - from Kazhimukan street to Koshkarbayev Avenue;
“In the Akimat assured that the introduction of special lanes will solve such issues as dwell time of public transport in the traffic jams, delay in public transport schedules, non-compliance with the interval and timetable, complex management of public transport in the general flow. Earlier were implemented three phases of the Bus Lane project, after which, according to the Akimat, the average speed of public transport has increased by 12-15%,” the edition reports.
Let us remind, earlier during the meeting dedicated to the world specialized exhibition EXPO 2017 and the development of the capital, President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev raised the issue of training drivers to work on new buses in Astana. The Kazakh leader banned the hiring of dangerous drivers in bus parks of Astana.
Prior to that, it became known that in Astana on the threshold of the world specialized exhibition EXPO 2017 the work on training the personnel of the bus parks of the capital to meet foreign guests had begun. City authorities after many complaints are currently trying to re-educate bus drivers.
#exponews #expo2017news #Astana #EXPO #EXPO2017 #exhibition #energy #powerengineering #technologies #Nazarbayev #speciallane #bus #buspark #driver